Bilingual Program Officer
The Future Generations Foundation (FG), (formerly NIB Trust Fund) mission is to provide resourcing to create meaningful opportunities that improve the quality of life for First Nations and Métis peoples.
The Bilingual Program Officer provides support to the Programs Team during the national call for applications (Individuals and Groups/Organizations), including:
- Receive, evaluate, and prepare applications for funding decisions.
- Interpret and administer all facets of eligibility and compliance.
- Support the preparation of key program deliverables.
- Reconcile data to facilitate information.
- Ensure the call for applications and administration of contracts is consistent with the court approved FG Foundation Administration Plan, Terms and Conditions and is in accordance with established procedures and processes.
- Receives calls, incoming and outgoing mail, monitors FG Foundation emails and routes messages and correspondence accordingly.
- Makes travel arrangements, prepares purchase orders and distributes itineraries for staff.
- Monitor and order office supplies for the FG Foundation and programs.
- Coordinates logistics for special events which includes catering, booking rooms, etc. as required.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating documents that require French translations. Other duties as assigned.
Who Can Apply:
Persons of Indigenous ancestry will be given preference (s. 16(1) CHRA)
- Candidates should have a minimum a post-secondary degree in a related field of study and have experience working with projects and programs or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applicants must have excellent skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Survey Monkey and database management a strong asset
- Experience working with First Nations and Métis communities is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Must have strong client relations experience.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deliverables.
Commensurate with job requirements, experience, and education (within limits of the salary grid)
Akwesasne or Ottawa
Contract – 3 – 6 months with possibility of extension
December 8, 2023, or until filled
Individuals who feel they are qualified are invited to submit a cover letter demonstrating how they meet the criteria (please quote the reference number above) along with a current resume to:
Interviews will be held in Ottawa.. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. The FG Foundation may cancel, postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time