NIB Trust Fund Announces the 2022-2023 Individual Call for Applications is Now CLOSED
The NIB Trust Fund is now accepting applications for funding from individuals for the 2022-2023 year. Individuals may apply for funding in the form of a scholarship, bursary, or award from the NIB Trust Fund through the online application accessible at nibtrust.ca.
The NIB Trust Fund supports a wide range of activities for First Nations and Métis applicants pursuing education, including but not limited to:
- Programs which promote the preservation, reclamation, development or understanding of First Nations or Métis history, cultures, or languages
- Cultural education (traditional teachings, workshops, ceremony, etc.)
- Healing programming
- Post-secondary education
- Training, trade skills
- Professional development and job skill training
- And more!
The Individual Call for Applications is open to First Nations and Métis individuals over the age 18 with a social insurance number. All educational activities must take place between September 1, 2022, and August 31, 2023. All applications are considered in a competitive process and funds are not guaranteed.
The 2022-2023 Individual Call for Applications is accessible here. The application is open April 14, 2022, to June 03, 2022. Applications must be submitted online before June 03, 2022, at 5:00 PM (EDT). No late applications will be accepted. Only completed applications will move forward to the Selection Committee.
- “How to Apply Toolkit – Individuals”- Available to help applicants understand the format of the application, provide insightful tips, and provide a general outline of what to expect when applying.
- Frequently asked Questions. - visit our Help page here.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NIB Trust Fund will offer Q&A sessions at the dates listed below.
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022, at 6:30 PM – Register here
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022, at 2:00 PM – Register here
- Thursday, May 26, 2022, at 2:00 PM (French Speaker) – Register here
- Monday, May 30, 2022, at 6:30 PM – Register here
NIB Trust Fund
Kylie Thompson, Communications Officer